Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 15: All I Want for Christmas...

Is Diamonds and a Vikings Win

All of my Christmas wishes are coming true!  The only reason for Santa Claus to come down my chimney is to eat the cookies and milk.  He doesn't need to leave any presents because my two biggest wishes are already in the works.

Dallas' favorite couple.
Courtesy of the33tv.com.
Wish #1:  Tony Romo is now engaged to Candice Crawford!  Thursday evening, while eating dinner with the Crawford family in Dallas, Mr. Cowboys QB dropped on his knee and asked the all important question.  I'm so excited because she seems like a really nice girl.  Of course, I don't personally know her, but any Mizzou alumna, pageant-winning, sports reporter is a friend of mine.  She's beautiful, intelligent, successful, and seems nice in spite of it all!

The 33, the local station where she works, has some exclusives with the couple.  Click here to view a picture of her ring.  On Saturday, there will be an exclusive interview with the couple as part of a Cowboys Christmas special.  For those outside of Dallas, I'm sure you'll be able to view via Youtube later.  

Wish #2: The Minnesota Vikings will be playing outdoors on Monday night.  The reason I'm excited for the game is pure nostalgia.  Growing up in Minnesota, I remember many a time playing outside with eyelashes frozen together while wearing five layers of clothes with big clunky boots to stay warm.  I will be watching the game from my warm home in Texas while only the die hard fans with northern European blood will be in attendance.  No one else will be able to stand the cold.

HHH Metrodome - a place full of memories for all
Minnesota sports fans.
Courtesy of twinkletown.com.
Secondly, the Vikings keep whining about wanting a new outdoor stadium and this is their chance to see what it's like attending a game in below zero temperatures.  Fans from warm climates like Miami would never attend a game in Minnesota after October.  This game will help remind fans and "new stadium enthusiasts" of the realities of playing in the snow.  Even I, a born and bred Minnesotan, wouldn't attend a game if the temps dropped below 40.  I hope the Vikings continue to play in a newly remodeled Metrodome someday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment